Need for School 2 page Apr 2019 Page 1

Another program to help pay for training is 

Tennessee Reconnect provides a last-dollar scholarship for adults to earn an associate degree or technical certificate without having to pay tuition or mandatory fees.

To apply, Tennessee residents should complete the application at, apply to a local community college or eligible institution, file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and enroll in a degree or certificate program at least part-time. 

To be eligible, an individual must have lived in Tennessee at least one year, not already hold an associate or bachelor's degree, and be determined as an independent student on the FAFSA.

The American Job Center offers scholarships to qualifying applicants to help cover what Reconnect does not (including travel)!

Want to go to school, but not sure of your career path? Try the online Career Coach to take a Career Assessment and browse careers and programs! 


Don't have a High School Diploma?

A new job or promotion can be yours by earning your High School Equivalency Diploma. Students can get a high school diploma by taking either the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET®) or the General Education Development (GED®) test. Tennessee offers free Adult education classes and testing in every county of the state. For information on how to enroll, visit Adult Education's website

For more information about your options for further education or training, contact a Career Advisor at an American Job Center location near you.